A wise investment and commitment to the future
Leaving a gift to Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport in your long-term financial or estate plan can make a lasting impact on our community and the lives of Newporters. Planned giving is a unique philanthropic tool that allows you to support the mission of Seamen’s Church Institute for years to come while also fulfilling your own financial goals.
Planned giving strategies include:
- Bequests by Will or Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Life Insurance Policies
- Retirement Plan Assets
By will or trust:
I bequeath _(dollar amount or % of estate) to the Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport, a not-for-profit organization, presently located at 18 Market Square, Newport, Rl 02840, for its maritime and human services mission. Tax ID # 05-0263174
By retirement plan or other managed account:
- Request a beneficiary designation form from your account’s administrator.
- Designate Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport as a partial, contingent or sole beneficiary of your account.
- Sign and return the form to your plan administrator; keep a copy for your files and with your will.
Supporters who include Seamen’s in their estate plans receive special recognition through our Wetmore Society, founded in 2011.
Benefits of membership in the Wetmore Society include:
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Annual Mainstay Newsletter
- An opportunity to be a part of our “Wetmore Successors”, stories about how and why other dedicated donors have decided to join the Wetmore Society.
If you have already included the Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport in a bequest or planned gift, please Jet us know. We’d like to welcome you to the Wetmore Society and thank you for your generous commitment to the future of SCI Newport.
For more information or to make a planned gift, please contact Rebecca Northup, Executive Director at 40I.847.4260 ext. 5 or email email@example.com.