Education Program Coordinator
Seamen’s Church Institute in Newport is seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, and detailoriented
Education Programs Coordinator for our brand-new Discovery Deck maritime
education exhibit, opening in October!
Job Title: Education Program Coordinator
Salary: $18 per hour
Start Date: Position open until filled
Type: 40 hours week
The Education Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Be the point person for soliciting meetings and making presentations to potential clients for school field trips, group visits, camps, classes and workshops.
- Develop activities and lessons that supplement/enhance the mission of the exhibit.
- Teach/facilitate scheduled school tours, private and public tours, programs, and events, including preparation, set-up and cleanup.
- Participate in the creation of marketing collateral related to the Discovery Deck.
- Research & write grant proposals for additional equipment/software for Discovery Deck as well as grants that allow us to subsidize transportation costs and visit fees for various groups
This position full time, 40 hours per week and is a year-round position. The Discovery Deck grand opening is in November with a soft opening in October, but candidate will be onboarded asap so that person can create curriculum, marketing materials and planning
leading up to the grand opening. Salary is $18 per hour.
Candidate must be well versed in maritime themes and issues, be energetic and
creative, and be able to work independently. Must have enthusiasm for working in an organization where change is frequent, structure is evolving, and flexibility, teamwork, and good humor are absolute necessities. Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree
in education, and have experience teaching middle school students. Flexibility with availability is a must, as some events will take place on weekends or evenings.